My name is Dr. Japjeet Rajbir Kaur Khalsa (before becoming a Sikh I was known as Dr. Nele Bemong) and I have been practicing yoga for about 11 years now. After having practiced Hatha Yoga for a few years, I came into contact with Kundalini Yoga and immediately experienced the transformational power of this 'Yoga of Awareness'. I started teaching Kundalini Yoga in 2008 in Belgium, where I taught up to 5 KY classes per week and experienced what a difference this yoga practice can make to people's lives. In the winter of 2011 I left my academic career in Belgium behind to fully focus on my work as a Kundalini Yoga (KY) teacher and to develop new programs in the UK.
Since January 2011 I have been teaching KY in the UK. I now teach regular KY classes in Leicester and run half-day and full-day workshops on specific themes, weekend workshops, and week retreats, both in the UK and in mainland Europe. I also regularly work together with other teachers and holistic therapists, teaching at health retreats or spiritual awakening retreats, and I teach yoga at Sikh camps around the UK. Over the past years I have specialised in, amongst others, KY for stress management, burnout, depression and anxiety; addiction recovery; pre- and postnatal yoga; and men’s, women's and relationships teachings.
I am also a nutrition & health adviser, a yogic massage therapist, a life coach and yoga coach. Partly thanks to over a decade of working in academia writing a PhD, doing 7 years of postdoctoral research, combined with teaching and holding a Chair at Penn University in Philadelphia (US), I have build up a strong reputation for my rich yogic knowledge and my ability to bring deeply complex teachings in a way that is very easy to understand and grasp for all, whether students have any prior knowledge or not. I am deeply spiritual yet at the same time very down-to- earth and ‘real’, and know how to make the yogic teachings practical, tangible and easy to integrate in a modern Western life. I am very open and direct in my teachings and will cut to the essence, but will always do so with a lot of love for and always in service of the students.
- Kundalini Research Institute (KRI) and International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association (IKYTA) certified Kundalini Yoga teacher (Aquarian Teacher Level 1 - 200 hrs with Gurumarka Singh & Aquarian Teacher Level 2 - 300 hrs with Karam Kriya School)
- Intern Teacher Trainer of the KRI Aquarian Trainer Academy, through Karam Kriya School under lead trainer Shiv Charan Singh
- Certified baby, toddler, children and teenagers Yoga teacher - Radiant Child Yoga Program RCYP Level 1 & 2 (20 hrs) with Cristin Melissa Tighe
- Certified Facilitator for the Kundalini Yoga Women's Program 'Excel & Celebrate - The Radiance of Woman' (20 hrs) with Pritpal Kaur
- Certified teacher Mastering the Addictive Personality (60 hrs - KYTA certified) with Carolyn Cowan
- Specialised pregnancy (prenatal) and postnatal yoga teacher and postnatal doula (The Mother's Journey - 50 hrs)
- PhD in Literary Studies
- Member of KYTA (the British Kundalini Yoga Teacher Association) and IKYTA (the International Kundalini Yoga Teacher Association)
I honour a daily practice and follow regular trainings and workshops with the most highly esteemed international KY teachers and trainers. I study mainly with Shiv Charan Singh (Portugal) and in the past I have studied with other respected teachers such as Pritpal Kaur Khalsa (New Mexico, US), Gurumarka Singh Khalsa (Heidelberg, Germany), Ram Singh (Paris, France), Simran Kaur (Washington, US; Ghana), Satya Kaur (Portugal), Elena O'Keeffe (London, UK) and Carolyn Cowan (London, UK).