Liver Detox Packings
I offer detoxifying liver packs with French green clay (Argile Verte Montmorillonite Surfine) and green cabbage leaves in Leicester (East-Midlands).
For this treatment, you will be asked to wear comfortable clothing that allows for the liver area (right side of the torso) to be easily exposed for the liver packing.
I will prepare the liver packing and put it on you while you are lying comfortably on your back (either on the floor or on a massage table, as you prefer). Then I will let you relax deeply with a yoga nidra (a yogic sleep), and after 30 minutes, I slowly remove the packing and clean up your skin. We finish with a relaxing cup of my homemade blend of Detox Tea.
The liver packing can be combined with a 30, 60 or 90 minute yoga & pranayam practice geared towards even deeper detoxification of the liver. This would be done before the packing takes place, or can be booked separately if preferred. Alternatively, the liver packing can be preceded by a yogic massage as well.
Symptoms / Signs of a clogged-up liver that is in need of a detox:
- Chronic fatigue
- Negative emotions (anger, irritation, depression, anxiety)
- Brain fog, lethargy, feeling drained
- Dull headaches improved with rest or headaches / migraines behind eyes
- Chronic joint or muscle pain
- Excessive perspiration
- Trouble digesting fats
- Acne or skin conditions
- Gas, bloating, abdominal pain (especially on the right side of the torso), constipation, diarrhea
- Hormonal imbalances
- Chemical sensitivities
- Chronic smelly breath
- Unexplained weight gain
- Gall bladder removed
Main causes of liver damage:
- Sleeping too late and waking up too late
- Not urinating first thing in the morning
- Over eating
- Skipping breakfast
- Medication / prescribed drugs
- Preservatives, additives, food coloring, and artificial sweeteners
- Unhealthy cooking oils. As much as possible reduce cooking oil use when frying. Do not consume fried foods when you are tired, except if the body is very fit.
- Alcohol consumption
- Sugar intake
- Consuming overly done foods. Veggies should be eaten raw or cooked 3-5 parts.
Montmorillonite clay is very rich in noble elements and in mineral salts (magnesium, potassium, iron, …). It is a very powerful detoxifying clay. Its exceptional cationic exchange power renders it a particularly famous clay.
Yoga Nidra or yogic sleep is a state of consciousness in which the brain wave activity of the practitioner changes to delta waves – normally associated with deep sleep – while the person is fully aware and conscious. In this state the body is completely relaxed and the practitioner becomes systematically and increasingly aware of the inner world by following a set of (audio) instructions. Yoga nidra is among the deepest possible states of relaxation while still maintaining full consciousness and is very effective in stress reduction and dealing with anxiety, depression and PTSD. A practice of 30 minutes of yoga nidra can give you the effects of 4 hours of uninterrupted deep sleep.