SESSIONS ARE OFFERED IN-PERSON OR OVER SKYPE/ZOOM AS PER YOUR PREFERENCE
Fertility, Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Postpartum Period
I offer information & support doualing sessions regarding
- Fertility issues
- ‘Conscious Conception’
- Childbirth - Empowered Birthing sessions for partners
- The postpartum period (specifically the 40-day '4th trimester') - alongside Postnatal doulaing and bodywork (Closing the Bones)
- Baby wearing using traditional Rebozos
These sessions can of course also be attended by the partner.
They include a variety of knowledge from a yogic and holistic point of view including
- nutrition to increase fertility
- falling pregnant after a (history of) miscarriage(s)
- dealing with and healing the trauma of miscarriage, stillborn babies or the loss of a baby
- the importance of correct nutrition during pregnancy
- special healing and nourishing postpartum foods (first the 40 days after childbirth, with special recipes for day 1-3)
- correct supplementation
- homeopathic medicine surrounding labour and to help recover after childbirth
- placenta usages
- natural tips for pain relief during labour - how to naturally increase your oxytocin production
- yoga postures to alleviate different aches and pains during pregnancy
- the use of a Rebozo shawl during pregnancy and labour
- the use of a Rebozo for baby wearing (either using sling rings, or using a slipknot)
- pregnancy & postnatal massage advice
- advice on a Conscious Caesarean (C-section)
- postnatal recovery (vaginal birth and C-section)
- creating a postpartum plan
- the importance of a quiet and protected 40 first days for mother and new-born
- inviting family & friends to help out with house-hold chores instead of coming to visit the newborn and making mum play the role of host
- skin-to-skin contact & baby-wearing
- breastfeeding tips & increasing milk supply
- help with mastitis (breast infections)
- co-sleeping in early and later childhood
- covering or not covering baby's head?
- Mothering the Mother
- prevention of or help with postpartum depression or pp anxiety
- postpartum wrapping with a Faja (womb belt) or Rebozo (Mexican shawl)
- postpartum Closing the Bones massages, and an online Self-Massage variation
- bajos (vaginal steambaths) to help with fertility problems and ovarian cysts
- postpartum herbal sitz-baths & recipes
- postpartum bajos (vaginal steam baths / yoni steam baths)
- recipes for home-made salves to heal C-section scars or tearing of the perineum
- postpartum herbal tincture recipes
- postpartum abdominal strengthening exercise regime (for day 1-40 and for week 6 to 3 months) & postnatal yoga classes
- how to correct diastasis recti
Empowered Birthing sessions focus on:
- Stages of labour
- Optimising the environmental conditions for labour & birth
- Natural pain relief
- Homeopathic remedies for labour & birth
- Aromatherapy & herbs for labour & birth
- Natural induction methods
- Massage techniques during labour (done by partner)
- Use of Rebozo or wrap during pregnancy and labour (and I'll have several for sale
- How to support a woman through labour (very useful for the partner)
- Discussion of several birthing positions (upright vs. reclining) & how the support
person can help
- Surprise birth: what can be done?
- “Conscious Caesarean”
- Natural labour birth kit: what to include?
- Writing a birth plan.
These sessions are all incredibly useful as an extra to the information your midwife provides. The aim is to impart knowledge as well as empower the parents(-to-be).
Duration: can be discussed, usually these are sessions of multiple hours, or multiple 1-hour sessions, depending on the content you want to discuss.
These sessions can be held in person (either at my place in Leicester or at your home if it's in the surrounding area) or over Zoom/Skype.